AVPCentral
AVPCentral
AVPCentral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Aliens vs Predator forum dedicated to anything AVP related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could change one thing about the game...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PRJ since1990
Face Hugger
PRJ since1990

If you could change one thing about the game... Empty
PostSubject: If you could change one thing about the game...   If you could change one thing about the game... EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 am

We all know by now that AvP was rushed and is more of a beta game than anything else. There's a bunch of different technical aspects that make the game frustrating at times and many feel should be changed. What's one thing you would want to alter in the game, if anything?

The reason I say one is to keep replies relatively short and easy on the eyes.
My choice would be the sound. Revert it back to AvP2 (PC) or just all ripped straight from the films. The Pred doesnt sound much like it did in the original film, the smart gun sounds weird and the pulse sounds more like the smart gun, and the musical scores were brillant so why make all new ones? Ok enough ranting your turn!
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Chest Buster
Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the game...   If you could change one thing about the game... EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:56 am

More Skins, And a better match making system
Back to top Go down
https://avpcentral.forumotion.com
RagingDragon
Egg

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the game...   If you could change one thing about the game... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Oh boy! Okay, here goes!

Playing as the marine in multiplayer is borderline ridiculous. Do SOMETHING with the hand-to-hand system. I appreciate the effort, and it's fun to learn the dynamics of it, but the flaws are insanely irritating. They should have called the game "Predators win, all day, forever, everywhere." The Predator leap attack is broken. I've literally joined a game, if I can even find any, with 5 players in the lobby, and all 5 were predators waiting for other people to be other species. This is evidence of a problem.

The maps, terrible. Not enough, and they are awful designs. Not only are they completely off as far as atmosphere goes, they aren't designed to be balanced for all species. Playing the marine on Ruins is laughable. Compared to games like Modern Warfare 2, it's almost insulting that they would sell this game for the same price with maps like this. And if you weren't already ticked off enough, they release a map pack, and CHARGE PEOPLE FOR IT. Charging people for something that should have been included in this sub-standard game, that's a new low. It makes me want to never buy a Microsoft product again, shabby, cheap, they should be embarrassed at this utter crap.

The text is so small that anyone with a TV not 56" won't be able to read anything, including their ammo count. Also, I give this game an award for worst crosshair EVER in a FPS, with no ability to change it. Once you start shooting, you can't see anything because of the outrageous muzzle flash on the pulse rifle, and even if you hit your target with your first shot, the rest will fly all over god knows where.

The marine pulse rifle can't hit anything over 15 feet away, and theirs no aim, or crouch, so you just spray like a mad idiot hoping to hit something. If you do hit something, it takes about 400 rounds to kill anything. Burst fire would be an option, if all of your enemies couldn't run like Carl Lewis and leap-attack knock you on your back from 90 feet away. I enjoy the get-up animation, as it's the main one I see since everything in the game will knock you over.

The flamethrower is completely useless. Don't ever, ever, ever use it on anything other than grass.

Kill-move conga lines, anyone seen these? Kind of takes the fun out of it when you see a marine getting killed by an alien getting killed by a predator getting killed by another alien getting shot by a marine. It's like frogs when they mate and all stack on top of eachother, just grotesque. I enjoy stealth and kill moves, but these are hilarious.

Why do all of the marines talk and look like cut-out stereotypes of rednecks or gangsters from the hood? I don't remember these idiots being in Aliens... Hats off to going down with the cultural ship! Very Happy

The limitations on everything in multiplayer! Those programmers should be fired, barring that they weren't so pressed for time or underpaid that the current multiplayer is all that they could manage. The game modes are decent, but aren't we supposed to be improving along with the gee-whiz graphics? There are no deployable sentry guns, no pocket welders or turrets or vents, not even any movable doors! No story, no immersion, no objectives unless you count Domination. No Alien life-cycle.

The only way to unlock skins is by playing the nonexistent "ranked matches," which is impossible due to no one ever playing any.

I think that's all... Very Happy this rant has been healthy for me, and I appreciate you fine folks reading it. Keep in mind I like this game, and play it often, it just could have been so much more. Shame on you, corporations. I will take you over some day and replace this mediocre crap with high-quality FINISHED products.

End.
Back to top Go down
RagingDragon
Egg

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the game...   If you could change one thing about the game... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 pm

Oh that said one thing didn't it? Bollocks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could change one thing about the game...   If you could change one thing about the game... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing about the game...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AVPCentral :: AVP Multiplayer :: Multiplayer-
Jump to: